Make sure you have access to the server’s IPMI: How to access IPMI through VPN
If you don’t have IPMI access to your server, please create a support ticket with an IPMI request and our engineers will be happy to create one for you.
1. Inside java or HTML5 console, please reboot your server and wait for GRUB menu
2. Inside GRUB menu, please select Recovery mode
3. You should see a menu with boot options. Please select an option labelled as root.
4. Inside shell, please type: mount –o rw,remount /
5. Now type passwd and provide your new root password
6. Reboot now your server by typing reboot