DoS, DDoS, and DRDoS what is the difference?
DoS, DDoS, and DRDoS attacks are widespread threats on the internet. They can cause severe damage or disruption to your website, online services or online business. This blog post will explain these attacks, the differences, and how you can protect yourself from them. We will also discuss why here at Clouvider, we use Corero technology to protect our customers from DDoS attacks.
What is a DoS attack?
DoS (Denial-of-Service) attacks are a type of attack that cyber threat actors can launch against any website or online service. These attacks are simple, but they can effectively take down a targeted network resource. A DoS attack works on the principle of sending an overwhelming amount of traffic to the target server, intending to crash or make it unavailable for legitimate users.
There are three types of DoS attacks – Dos, DDoS and DRDoS.
– A DoS (Denial of service) attack is when a hacker sends a small amount of traffic from one source to your server in an attempt to overload and take it offline. DoS attack is the simplest one, and you can easily avoid it by using firewalls or other security measures.
– A DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service). In a DDoS type of attack, a hacker sends a large amount of traffic from more than one source. Here is also targeting your website or another service to overload your server and take it offline. This type of attack can be more challenging to prevent, but Corero technology helps to protect you from DDoS attacks.
– A DRDoS (Distributed Reflection Denial of Service) attack is the most effective type of Denial-of-Service attack. In a DRDoS, the hacker sends a large amount of traffic from multiple sources and uses reflection and spoofing techniques to make it look like the traffic is coming from legitimate users or devices. Corero technology can protect you from DRDoS attacks as well.
How can you protect yourself from DDoS attacks?
There are a few ways that you can protect yourself from DDoS attacks:
– Use firewalls: A firewall is a device or software that helps protect your computer or network from unauthorized access. You can use firewalls to help protect yourself from DoS and DDoS attacks.
– Use Corero devices: Here at Clouvider, we use Corero technology to protect our customers from DDoS attacks. Corero devices are purpose-built to protect against large and sophisticated DDoS attacks.
To learn more about Corero, please check our other blog article here.
Are Clouvider customers protected from DDoS attacks?
The simple answer is Yes. In Clouvider, we protect all customers against DDoS attacks by default. Whether you have a small web hosting plan, one of our cloud hosting services, or a dedicated server, you’re protected. We built our network to be “secured by design” we know how important it is to keep your website or online service available and protected from DDoS attacks.
Are you need DDoS protection?
If you need DDoS protection, please feel free to contact us if you’re not sure. We can help you assess your risk and determine what type of protection is best for you. You can also check our products like DDoS protected dedicated servers or cloud services.
Not Clouvider Customer yet? Please get in touch with us. We will be more than happy to help you move.